Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Scotty's Is Mixing It Right



Scotty's restaurant is a place I like for breakfast, which, as I've mentioned before, is the meal somewhat lacking in variety and quality here in Garlic City. Scotty's breakfast is great, but, hold on, they also offer great lunches too. They ambitiously offer a mix of cuisine, from Mexican, to American diner, to Hawaiian, and somehow do an excellent job with all. What really impresses me is the quality of the food that they offer with the daily lunch specials. Very good prices, and incredible food.

Which brings me to a recent treat I had there when I tried the Thursday lunch special. It was the Hawaiian plate, and it was a uniquely delicious experience for me. The noodle broth was a savory starter, set on the plate along with a bowl of marinated salmon, slow roasted pork, and the main dish. The marinated salmon was similar on my palate to Mexican ceviche, and was a freshly magnificent sparkle on the tongue. The slow roasted pork was appropriately yummy, and maintained a juiciness that often gets lost in this kind of preparation. The main dish was a piece of salmon side by side with a piece of pork both wrapped in a banana leaf, and mysteriously mixing and complementing each other in flavor.

I was stuffed full of delicious food when I was finished, truly more than I could eat, and the heaviness I felt was not from my wallet. I like that kind of lunch. Scotty's...great breakfasts, great lunches...I'll be back for dinner.
Four out of five garlics.

No comments: