Friday, June 6, 2008

Beam Me Up Some Eggs, Scotty!


Breakfast in Gilroy is not the best meal of the day in my experience. That is, of the many good places to eat here, I have had trouble finding a breakfast place that I liked. There's the ubiquitous Denny's, and other such breakfast chains, but it took a while for me to find a good unique breakfast spot. Then someone mentioned the little restaurant that fronts Gilroy Bowl, called "Scotty's." In the price range of between five and ten dollars, it is hard to beat.

I like the Spanish Omelet breakfast, which includes chorizo, onions, and cheese in a large omelet, covered with a spicy enchilada type sauce. It comes with hash browns or country potatoes (the country potatoes are great), and toast. It is very good, and it is such a large breakfast that I never am able to finish it all (though I try!) I also have noticed that they advertise great lunch specials which I haven't tried yet. Considering the breakfast, I would say it must be good. I intend to find out. Get there and try out Scotty's for breakfast, if you have to be up in the morning, it helps to have good food that you can afford. I give their breakfast four out of five garlics.

No comments: