Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Hamburger by Any Other Name is Stuff

It was a strange experience. I was sitting in a place called Pizza N Stuff here in Gilroy (the garlic capitol of the world), a place I knew for outstanding pizza with garlic (another review), and I was ordering a hamburger. Why, you may ask? Why? One word. And you should have guessed. Chuy.

Yes, my fellow Gilroyan and source for good movies and books is also my inside track on good places to eat. So, I told him one day in one of our discussions on the culinary arts, "I don't care much for hamburgers." I do have some exceptions, (more forth coming reviews), but generally I think of fine food in different formats beside the circular shaped beef paddy. He told me to try the burger at Pizza N Stuff. I said, "It's in the title, 'Pizza N Stuff,' it's a pizza joint." He replied, "The burger is the best thing in the 'Stuff' part."

The man does not lie. It was a huge burger served on french bread, and came with chips and a soda. The burger was the best in Gilroy. Its that simple. It was delicious, and is a tie for first place among the best burgers I've ever had, next to another burger in another town (another review for another time)...a burger which was also recommended by Chuy in fact. Now I'm recommending this burger to everyone, and give it four out of five garlics, a burger rated that high is good stuff.

No comments: